https://americanaronia.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/American_Aronia_Berry_logo.png 0 0 jasonhinze https://americanaronia.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/American_Aronia_Berry_logo.png jasonhinze2018-04-04 18:28:572021-01-09 13:28:15Aronia Crumble Bars
Aronia Crumble Bars
Delicious, easy oatmeal crumble bars.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup oatmeal old fashioned
- 1 jar aronia jam 10 oz.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla. Mix dry ingredients. Add to butter/sugar mixture. Mix well. Press 1/2 of crumbs into a greased 9x9 baking pan (glass if cooking in microwave). Spread with jam. Crumble remaining mix on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars.
- Microwave preparation: Mix as in recipe above. Put 1/2 of the crumbs into a glass 9x9 baking pan. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes (depending on microwave strength). Spread jam on baked crumbs. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Press lightly. Cook for 3 more minutes. Cool. Cut into bars
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!