https://americanaronia.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/American_Aronia_Berry_logo.png 0 0 jasonhinze https://americanaronia.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/American_Aronia_Berry_logo.png jasonhinze2018-04-04 18:29:002021-01-12 12:28:34Honey Maple Aronia Clusters
Honey Maple Aronia Clusters
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 2 cups cashew or mixed nuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp course salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 cups aronia berries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place aronia berries on a parchment lined sheet pan. Make sure they are evenly spread out. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Let cool when it is done.
- Meanwhile, combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to mix evenly.
- Pour olive oil evenly into the mixture and stir to coat mixture.
- Whisk two egg whites in a small bowl until frothy. Stir evenly into the granola mixture.
- Pour maple syrup over the oat mixture.
- Stir in dried aronia berries to oat mixture.
- Spread it in a single layer (approx. 1/2 inch thick) on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Increase the temperature to 375 degrees F. Bake for 30 minutes. About halfway through the baking time, use a larger spatula to turn over sections of the granola to evenly brown it.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the pan for another 15 minutes.
- Transfer the pan from the oven to the cooling rack to cool completely. Once it is completely cool, break granola into bite size clusters.
- Can store granola in an airtight container for 2 weeks at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!