https://americanaronia.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/American_Aronia_Berry_logo.png 0 0 jasonhinze https://americanaronia.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/American_Aronia_Berry_logo.png jasonhinze2018-04-04 18:29:022021-01-12 12:30:28Oatmeal Aronia Cookies
Oatmeal Aronia Cookies
Cookie recipe from Jeff Warren, Berryview Orchard, Mt. Morris. IL
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks margarine room temp
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats old fashioned or quick
- 1 cup peacans
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup aronia berries frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or use your margarine wrappers to grease 2 baking sheets.
- Stir the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer w/paddle or hand mixer, cream margarine, sugars until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each. Stir in vanilla.
- Important: Mix on low and add dry ingredients only until incorporated. Over beating will make flat cookies.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the oats, then pecans and coconut.
- Add frozen aronia and fold quickly. This will keep the cookies from turning purple.
- Spoon uniform 1 1/2" balls on baking sheet with 2" spacing.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes. Remove when edges begin to turn. Cookie will continue to bake while cooling. After 5 minutes on baking sheet, remove to wire cooling rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!